We’ve been on a baking kick these days. My eldest daughter recently did a food sensitivity test to see if we could identify foods that were exacerbating her acne. Turns out, eggs, almonds and coconut are on the no-no list for her. After a few weeks, we are noticing some positive changes in her skin, though removing these foods definitely takes effort. She LOVES baked goods, so I wanted to come up with something that she could have and enjoy. Enter gluten-free pecan pie muffins … which turned out to be sooooo delicious!
So I know that pecan pie seems more of a holiday-ish food – but really, wouldn’t you enjoy a bite of one of these just about any day? 😉 Here’s what I love about these gluten-free pecan pie muffins:
- Super simple to make. Aside from making the flax egg, you can throw other ingredients together in about 5 minutes!
- Versatile. I made one batch with whole-wheat flour, though I’ve got to say that the kids much preferred the gluten-free version.
- Minimal, all real ingredients. ‘nough said.
- You may just have all of the ingredients already. Happy dance!
A few notes about the Gluten-free Pecan Pie Muffin Recipe:
- You can absolutely replace the flax eggs with eggs. See note below on how to make a flax egg.
- This is my favorite gluten-free flour to bake with. This 1:1 replacer also works well!
- The molasses are not necessary, but they add a certain depth to the recipe. I wouldn’t skip it!
- I love the clean ingredients in these chocolate chips – another favorite.
- I made the switch to this muffin pan a while back and couldn’t be happier. Muffins bake up evenly and easily!
- 2 Flax eggs*
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pecan pieces or chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
Make flax eggs (mix 2 TBSP ground flaxseed with 6 TBSP water) in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Add butter, honey and molasses; mix to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free flour and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix; fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
Add muffin mix to 9 muffin liners in tins; bake for 23 - 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Let cool before enjoying.
How to make a flax egg: Mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water. Mix well. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before proceeding with recipe. (Remember you need 2 flax eggs for the above recipe OR you can sub regular eggs if you don't have a sensitivity/aren't vegan!)
Would love to hear your comments below if you try the recipe! xoxo
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.