We’ve been on a baking kick these days. My eldest daughter recently did a food sensitivity test to see if we could identify foods that were exacerbating her acne. Turns out, eggs, almonds and coconut are on the no-no list for her. After a few weeks, we are noticing some positive changes in her skin, though removing these foods definitely takes effort. She LOVES baked goods, so I wanted to come up with something that she could have and enjoy. Enter gluten-free pecan pie muffins … which turned out to be sooooo delicious!
So I know that pecan pie seems more of a holiday-ish food – but really, wouldn’t you enjoy a bite of one of these just about any day? 😉 Here’s what I love about these gluten-free pecan pie muffins:
- Super simple to make. Aside from making the flax egg, you can throw other ingredients together in about 5 minutes!
- Versatile. I made one batch with whole-wheat flour, though I’ve got to say that the kids much preferred the gluten-free version.
- Minimal, all real ingredients. ‘nough said.
- You may just have all of the ingredients already. Happy dance!
A few notes about the Gluten-free Pecan Pie Muffin Recipe:
- You can absolutely replace the flax eggs with eggs. See note below on how to make a flax egg.
- This is my favorite gluten-free flour to bake with. This 1:1 replacer also works well!
- The molasses are not necessary, but they add a certain depth to the recipe. I wouldn’t skip it!
- I love the clean ingredients in these chocolate chips – another favorite.
- I made the switch to this muffin pan a while back and couldn’t be happier. Muffins bake up evenly and easily!
- 2 Flax eggs*
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pecan pieces or chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
Make flax eggs (mix 2 TBSP ground flaxseed with 6 TBSP water) in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Add butter, honey and molasses; mix to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free flour and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix; fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
Add muffin mix to 9 muffin liners in tins; bake for 23 - 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Let cool before enjoying.
How to make a flax egg: Mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water. Mix well. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before proceeding with recipe. (Remember you need 2 flax eggs for the above recipe OR you can sub regular eggs if you don't have a sensitivity/aren't vegan!)
Would love to hear your comments below if you try the recipe! xoxo
Posts may contain affiliate links. Products purchased through an affiliate link have the same costs, but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!