It’s officially my favorite time of the year. Fall is here, and with it it brings cooler temps, beautiful colors and autumnal foods. I love the ability to wear jeans and a t-shirt, or shorts and a long-sleeve … oh the possibilities. I digress. And since you are likely here to talk food, let’s do it! It’s soup weather, you guys. Warming, comforting one-pot meals – we are ready for you! And today I bring you a new fitting recipe: Instant Pot Carrot Soup.
This soup is thick and creamy, warm and soothing, and it can be made in literally minutes. Simply throw your ingredients into your Instant Pot and walk away. You’ll have a delicious meal in no time at all! Oh, and for my gluten-free and/or dairy-free friends out there, guess what? This recipe for Instant Pot Carrot Soup checks all of those boxes. No gluten or dairy found here!
While I personally love a big bowl of this alone topped with some pepitas and/or hemp hearts and some raw veggies on the side, my 13 year-old daughter likes it as a side dish with another food. Pick your portion and know you are getting spoonfuls of soooo much goodness.
Gluten free, dairy free carrot soup, made in the Instant Pot. A wonderful plant-based meal!
- 8-10 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh ginger chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 can coconut milk see note
- 1/4 cup almond butter
Add all ingredients to your Instant Pot. Set on Manual mode for 15 minutes. When done, let sit for 5-10 minutes for pressure to come down. Release pressure and run through a blender (or use an immersion blender). Top with pepitas, hemp hearts, and/or an additional dollop of almond butter if desired when serving.
Ingredients needed for making Instant Pot Carrot Soup
- Hemp hearts – I love adding hemp hearts to soups, salads, atop avocado, nut butters, and more. They are a solid source of protein and have more omegas and less carbs than chia or flax. If you haven’t tried them yet, give them a go! These are my favorites.
- Pepitats – aka pumpkin seeds, these are a great way to change up your seed consumption. I was too often going for almonds (um, all the time) and realized that I needed to add in some variation. These are also wonderful sprinkled onto foods or eaten straight from the bag. I’m a new fan of these and not turning back anytime soon!
- Instant Pot – It’s no wonder that this is an Amazon best-seller. The 7-in-one device is a slow cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, it sautes AND it’s a pressure cooker. I.Love.My.Instant Pot. Seriously. I use it almost daily!
- Coconut Milk – Truth be told, I almost always use full fat coconut milk, but somehow we must’ve grabbed the light version at the store. And it was wonderful in this soup. Here is the one that I normally buy and here is the light version.
- High Speed Blender – Yes, this is an investment – but I use it at least 3 days out of the week and I’ve had it for over 5 years. So I’d say it’s a worthy one! This is the blender that I use.
Make this a freezer meal
Want to make this meal even easier? Then make it a freezer meal with the help of Once a Month Meals! Freezer cooking is a great way to plan ahead and save time. It helps get real food on the table quickly and easily, with just a little prep. Try it out!
Let me know if you don’t love this unique blend of fall flavors, ginger and cinnamon. Yummmm!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!