Why is this the best crunchy detox salad?
This light, flavorful combination includes beets, carrots, red and green cabbage, green onions and cilantro, all shredded in a food processor (or by hand) that come together in a light “dressing” of lemon juice, red wine vinegar and just a little bit of salt and sugar. It will up your intake of colors and provides a nice side dish of crunchy vegetables. This simple crunchy salad recipe pairs well with a side of chicken or fish, a few hard boiled eggs or even eaten alone in a big bowl!
Which foods detox?
The best crunchy detox salad has crunchy vegetables including beets, red and green cabbage, carrots, spring onions and cilantro; a tasty, feel-good recipe!
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 beet, peeled and shredded
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2-3 spring onions, cut into pieces
- 1 handful cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cut cabbage into chunks and place a few at a time into a food processor to shred. Pulse as needed until all cabbage is shredded. Repeat process with beet and carrots; cut into chunks and shred in the food processor. Add these all to a large bowl.
Cut spring onions, and coarsely chop the cilantro. Add to shredded vegetables.
Top vegetables with lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and salt; mix to combine. Taste and adjust if needed. Best eaten on the same day made, but can still be enjoyed the following day.
- I used a food processor to make this. I am sure that you can also shred the vegetables by hand by using a hand grater if desired.
- The dressing is honestly not a dressing:). There is no oil included here, so I just added some lemon, red wine vinegar and a bit of sugar and salt. It’s very light and refreshing!
- This crunchy vegetable salad is best enjoyed the day that you make it, but also can be eaten the next.
Let me know how you like this salad in the comments below. It’s perfect for anytime you want to up your veggie intake; hope you love it!
Posts may contain affiliate links. Products purchased through an affiliate link have the same costs, but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!