Is anyone else loving the fall foods as much as I am? I can’t get en0ugh of the pumpkins, apples and squash; if you have seen my recent recipes, I’m sure that this is no new revelation! So in keeping with the theme, I’m super excited to share a really fun seasonal recipe (um, but truly who doesn’t always like caramel??): Easy Vegan Caramel Dip.
It all started because of my kids. And let’s be honest – they’re the catalyst for most things in my life these days, lol. My older two have a half day tomorrow and my younger two don’t. Since it’s getting very difficult to manage 4 kids + 4+ friends, I offered my older two (12 and 14) to invite a friend or two for pumpkin carving and caramel apple making. I’m SO excited to make a board for them also, and I knew I’d need some caramel dip. Enter this recipe!
Why Vegan Caramel Dip?
I want to have some pears and apples out for dipping, but I didn’t love, okay, I didn’t even like any of the caramel dip options that I saw at the store. Some recipes call for coconut butter/heating on the stove, but ya’ll – I’m sorta lazy with cooking sometimes and wanted something simpler. I can totally soak ingredients and blend them in the blender, and I love that this recipe is sweetened with maple syrup and dates. AND it has a pop of protein from the cashews.
- 5 ingredients
- Plant-based protein from raw cashews
- Refined sugar-free
- Super quick to make
How to serve Vegan Caramel Dip
- Serve it with sliced apples, pears or graham crackers
- Fill cupcakes with it
- Dip pretzels in it
- Top a cake with vegan caramel dip
- Try it on top of your waffles
- Totally optional, but try topping it with a little salt as I did in the pic below. Hellooo salted caramel!
Items you will need to make Vegan Caramel Dip
- A high-speed blender, which I HIGHLY recommend – one of the best appliances that I own that gets used almost daily.
- Raw cashews, organic if possible/desired.
- Medjool dates
- Pure maple syrup
- A spatula to scrape the sides of the blender and scoop out the deliciousness
- Something to serve it in (dipping totally allowed straight from the blender!)
A recipe for a vegan caramel dip that has just 5 ingredients and which you make in your blender. Dairy-free and refined sugar-free, too!
- 1 cup medjool dates, seeds removed (about 8-10)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 tbsp date water (water that you'll soak dates in, see directions)
In a small bowl, cover dates with water and soak for 2 or more hours. In another bowl, soak cashews for the same amount of time.
After soaking (I soaked mine overnight), drain cashews and add them to a high-speed blender. Remove dates but do not drain water. Place dates in blender along with maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add 1/4 cup of the date water and blend, scraping sides when needed. If needed, add another tablespoon of date water and blend again, adding water slowly until desired thickness is achieved. (I added 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp total).
Use a spatula to transfer dip to a bowl and enjoy. Top with sea salt if desired.
Some of my other favorite fall recipes:
Let me know if you try this vegan caramel dip or any of my other fall recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.!