A recipe for easy baked Chicken Parmesan. Enjoy minimal cleanup in this simple dinner recipe that has 6 ingredients; this uses gluten-free breadcrumbs to make a family-friendly gluten-free Chicken Parmesan dish that will likely make it to your weekly rotation.
My family loves them some Chicken Parm. Tender chicken encased with crunchy breading and topped with flavorful marinara and cheese oozing off of the top. I mean, right?! Who wouldn’t love such a meal?! Um, I don’t – not when it means that I have a boatload of dishes to clean after the fact. (insert eye roll.) Enter in my version of Easy Chicken Parmesan, baked to avoid the frying step (and another pan to clean!)
A healthy baked chicken parmesan recipe that’s gluten free
Now let me be upfront in telling you that this is not your traditional Chicken Parmesan dish. You know, the kind where you have to coat, fry, wipe oil spatters, etc. But I will tell you that the taste will not be sacrificed, you won’t have any extra dishes to clean AND the biggest bonus (get ready for this): you can throw this together in 15 minutes (minus the baking time). Holla!! Oh, and did I mention that my kids ALL took seconds on this? It’s not often that I get two thumbs up from the whole fam!
If you are looking for easy dinner recipes, this is one. It’s generally on repeat at our house, and I’m guessing it will be on yours, too.
Love Chicken Parm but don't love the labor usually involved? Then this one's for you! Super simple yet soooo tasty, this healthy baked chicken parmesan recipe is a keeper!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or gluten free breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13” baking dish with olive oil and top arrange chicken on the base of the dish. Pour marinara over top of the chicken; next, sprinkle basil on top of the marinara. Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Spread breadcrumbs on top of the Parmesan, and then add the remainder of the mozzarella followed by the remainder of the Parmesan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken. Chicken should be 160 degrees F when done, and breadcrumbs will be golden.
How to serve Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
Serve with pasta, a salad, or with garlic bread – a favorite of my family. Side note – this was also much simpler than making pasta … I take bread and top it with pats of butter and garlic salt. I bake this for 5-6 minutes while the chicken is finishing and voila! Add a side of a veggie of choice for a meal that will have your family licking their plates. Um – is that a good thing or a bad thing?!
Please let me know if your family loves this unfried EASY Chicken Parmesan as much as mind does:). And check out these other easy dinner recipes too:
Easy dinner recipes:
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!