An easy, kid-friendly recipe that’s perfect for busy nights and school lunchboxes. This taco pasta cooks up in one pot which means super simple cleanup. It also uses pantry ingredients that you likely have on hand. It’s a meatless meal that taco lovers love – the perfect comfort food recipe that’s healthy, too!
You guys. I have a new recipe for you and I know you are going to love me for it: One Pot Taco Pasta.
First off, who here doesn’t love tacos? Now that I’ve got your attention – how about easy cleanup? (raise of hands) Two things that are super important to me in recipes are a manageable list of ingredients (I get overwhelmed when I see too many) and dishes that won’t totally wreck your kitchen. But DUH, you should know that with the name of this site – Easy Real Food. It’s my goal to help you get real food on the table easily, and this one pot taco pasta checks those boxes. Get ready to dig in!
About One Pot Taco Pasta
- You’ll want to cook this in a soup/stock pot. I bit the bullet last year and upgraded to All Clad, but any stainless pot would be my choice. This is another great option that’s a little more economical.
- It’s simple to make this one gluten-free. Simply use gluten-free pasta.
- Don’t completely walk away from this one when it’s cooking. My advice is to stir it every couple of minutes, and then put the lid right back on. No one likes a burnt dinner;).
- I mention avocado oil. Avocado oil has a high smoke point, which burns at a significantly higher temp than olive oil. And I personally don’t feel like you can taste anything avocado-y at all.
- Make your own taco seasoning easily. You can make a big batch of it and keep it on hand – pretty sure you’ll use it! You know exactly what’s going into it and can avoid a bunch of unnecessary fillers and control the sodium levels.
One Pot Taco Pasta: A Healthy Easy Meatless Meal
Whether you’re hunting for a Meatless Monday meal, or you choose to avoid meat all the time – this simple vegetarian taco pasta is just what you need! The black and pinto beans provide plenty of protein and fiber, along with that sustenance that you otherwise may feel you’re missing without meat. Top this with some diced avocado or some guacamole for some healthy fats and some additional plant-based goodness. Cheese and sour cream are totally optional! I promise you won’t miss the meat here!
An easy, kid-friendly recipe that's perfect for busy nights and school lunchboxes. This taco pasta cooks up in one pot which means super simple cleanup. It also uses pantry ingredients that you likely have on hand. It's a meatless meal that taco lovers love - the perfect comfort food recipe that's healthy, too!
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 TBSP avocado or olive oil
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning make your own
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes NOT drained
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked pasta
- Optional toppings:
- 1 cup Mexican or cheddar cheese
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
Add oil to a large pot and sauté onions for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add taco seasoning and cook 1 minute, stirring so that spices don’t burn.
Add remaining ingredients through the water. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Add pasta, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Test pasta for doneness; may require 2-3 more minutes of cooking.
When pasta is cooked through, remove from heat. Enjoy warm with optional toppings or as is.
One Pot Taco Pasta is a simple dish that has ingredients that you may already have on hand. It comes together quickly and is a warm and comforting food. Give this one a shot – it may just make it into your normal rotation. Oh, and it totally could work for #tacotuesday (or anyday, for that matter)! You could serve it up with this black bean, corn and avocado salad and also this Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa. For the meat lovers, serve up some baked chicken taquitos. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.