You guys – I could not be more excited about this recipe! In case you don’t know my story, two of my girls and me are gluten free; my husband and other two kids are not. Often times we’ll watch with jealous puppy dog eyes as they enjoy thick and doughy pizza as my girls munch on a gluten free english muffin pizza. Blech! Because everyone knows it’s not easy to whip up a quick gluten free pizza that actually tastes good, right? Not true! I discovered a way to make a yeast-free dough recipe that’s thick and delicious and doesn’t require a long time to rise and make.
Easy Gluten Free Pizza Dough Recipe (without yeast):
- Is quick and easy. Simply mix ingredients together and 10 minutes later you’re popping it in the oven.
- Can be made with whatever toppings you like. Not a meat fan? No problem! Want more veggies? Bring ’em on! Make it your own.
- FINALLY a gluten free pizza that’s thick and doughy (drool)!
- Doesn’t contain yeast (helpful for those with sensitivities)
- Is so simple that your kids can make it. Yes!
If you’ve tried your hand at making a gluten free pizza dough in the past and didn’t succeed, this is your answer! 🙂
Items you will need to make this gluten free pizza dough recipe without yeast:
- Cooking spray for your baking dish. I use and recommend Chosen Food’s Avocado Oil Spray because it is propellant free and has a smoke point of 500 degrees, which is great for high heat cooking, baking and frying. I love using this for roasting veggies!
- A 2 quart baking dish, something that I also recommend and use very frequently.
- Gluten Free 1:1 Replacer Four. I like the Bob’s Red Mill version, as well as Trader Joe’s product.
- I assume that you have a whisk already. If not, this can come in handy for mixing, but a fork can also suffice.
An easy recipe for gluten free pizza that comes together quickly since you don't have to wait for the yeast to make the dough rise. Fluffy and think crust, nonetheless!
- 1 cup gluten free flour (see post for notes)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 cup pepperoni, cooked sausage, bacon, mushrooms, onions or peppers
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- avocado oil spray for baking dish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2 qt. baker (8 x 8 or 9 x 9).
Mix flour and seasonings in a medium-sized bowl. Add milk and eggs, and mix to combine. Pour in to greased baker and add desired toppings. Bake for 20 minutes, remove, and add pizza sauce and cheese. Place back in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Remove and let cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
I used both Trader Joe's gluten free flour blend, as well as Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Replacer Flour with success.
I’ve already made this a number of times, and my kids couldn’t be happier. I even have my non-gluten-free kids begging for a piece! Imagine that. It’s perfect for those Fridays (or any days) when you’re craving a slice and don’t want to do some frozen version or a $12 tiny pizza from takeout. Let me know if you try this out and don’t love it, too.;)
Posts may contain affiliate links. Products purchased through an affiliate link have the same costs, but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support.