Are you a chocolate fan? If the answer is yes, then we must be friends! Because I’m a long-time chocoholic, and I’m totally good with it. I might not be able to eat gluten (or dairy, or grains, for that matter), but I CAN have chocolate. And I love it! Today’s new recipe is for a “healthy” dessert that I think you’re gonna like: No-Bake Grain Free Brownies.
No Bake Grain Free Brownies Recipe Questions & Answers
- Do you bake these brownies? No! You simply mix the ingredients in a food processor, press into a pan and stick in the freezer for 30 minutes. So they are actually “raw” (if you are looking for that, lol).
- Do these taste like brownies? So the answer is yes and no. Obviously since they are grain-free, they won’t have that “fluffiness” – but they DO have a super chocolate taste! My kids LOVE them. I honestly thought I’d be the only one eating them, but alas – they were gone before I got to have 3 of them!
- Are they healthy? YES! Think about it – seeds, ghee and minimal maple syrup … these are all real ingredients with lots of nutritional value to them. They feel guilty but in essence they aren’t – at all!!
No Bake Grain Free Brownies are:
- Easy and quick to make
- Low in sugar
Ingredients used in No Bake Grain-Free Brownies:
- I discovered this chocolate-flavored ghee at a convention this year and fell in love. I seriously had to make my kids not eat it all before I made this recipe and photographed it. It’s tough to find in stores, so I’m thankful that Amazon has it because it’s one of my faves!! You can substitute regular ghee if you need to, but I promise you won’t be disappointed if you buy the chocolate flavored Chocti. I spread it on toast, on caramelized bananas and more.
- While I used hemp milk, you can certainly substitute your milk of choice.
- These hemp seeds are my favorite. I like to sprinkle them on soups, salads, in smoothies, and use them in this recipe.
- This is my favorite brand of natural parchment paper.
- After having the same food processor for 16 years, I upgraded last year and haven’t looked back! This food processor is SO much easier to clean and has so many more functions. Yay!
Seeds, cocoa powder, and other real food ingredients are combined together for a no-bake, quick to make browine that's actually good for you - shhh!
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter/sunbutter
- 1/4 cup hemp milk
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted (I used Chocti Chocolate Ghee)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
Line an 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper. Combine seeds and cocoa powder in a food processor. Mix on high for 30-45 seconds, until seeds are finely chopped.
Add in sunbutter, hemp milk, ghee and maple syrup. Process again until mixed, about 20-30 seconds.
Scoop mixture onto the parchment and flatten out with your hands. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting. I like to keep them in the freezer and pull them out as we like. Enjoy!
So I’d love to know – do you like that these are a healthy treat? That they are chocolate? Or are you also on a grain-free diet? Let me know in the comments below!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These vegan grain free brownies are delicious!
I’m so glad you like them! I personally love that you get so many nutrients with the chocolate taste along with it, but no refined sugar. Such a win!
These don’t even taste like they are Grain free because they are Toooo Good;)
I love to hear that!