An easy Paleo pumpkin pie smoothie recipe made with six ingredients, no refined sugar, and dairy-free milk. A healthy breakfast or snack option. Vegan clean eating smoothie recipe.
Tasty Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (Paleo & Vegan)
So I just got back from a 6 day vacation with my husband. For all you parents out there, you know these are few and far between but oh-so needed for a relationship! We first went to Zion National Park, which was amazing. Then, to do the complete opposite, we went to Las Vegas. One of my college roommates and best friends was turning 40, so we surprised her with our visit, which was so, so fun.
Eating nutritious food on the road is not terribly difficult with a little planning. We got a one bedroom condo in Zion and prepared & ate our breakfasts and lunches in our kitchen, and dinners out. But in Vegas, we didn’t have the amenities. Yesterday on the plane I realized that on our last vacation day, we had not one fruit or vegetable. Can you believe it?! Hard boiled eggs for breakfast, sushi for lunch and a lovely fish dinner that didn’t come with any veggies! So today I’m loading up and came up with this tasty pumpkin pie smoothie, which is full of nutritious goodness.
Truth be told, while most think of pumpkin as a fall food, I enjoy it year-round. Since you can almost always find canned organic pumpkin, it’s an easy addition, especially in smoothies. And while most green drinks are heavier on the fruits, I personally prefer recipes that also include some vegetables, like this pumpkin pie smoothie. Yes, you needn’t worry about sugars in fruit, but I believe that sugar is sugar is sugar. Meaning I like to keep mine in check. And besides; if you can up your vegetable intake in a drink, why wouldn’t you?!
I love smoothies for their convenience. Start your day off right with a green smoothie for breakfast, or make one ahead of time for a convenient lunch on the road or a mid-day snack. I always feel energized from all of the green goodness, and this pumpkin pie smoothie is no different.
About the pumpkin pie smoothie recipe
- You’ll need a high speed blender to make this version. I must say that I LOVE my Vitamix, and use it 3-4 times a week. It’s been a worthy investment – I’ve had it for over 5 years now.
- I used New Barn Unsweetened Almond Milk for this; it’s my favorite nut milk because it’s so clean and free of unnecessary additives. While I haven’t tried it with organic whole milk or coconut milk, I’m guessing that they’d make decent substitutions.
- I don’t like my smoothies too sweet, so the sweetness from the banana was plenty for me. Feel free to add maple syrup if you desire.
- Adding a frozen banana as opposed to a non-frozen one will up the creaminess of this pumpkin pie smoothie.
A powerful smoothie packed with pumpkin and lots of other yummies, too!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1.5 TBSP almond butter sun butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup to taste optional
Add spinach and almond milk to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and blend again.
As we head into this busy holiday season, I hope that you’ll try this festive smoothie to keep not only your veggie intake up, but your energy as well! Let me know if you try it in the comments below. And before I leave you, for all those other pumpkin lovers out there, there are for you;).
Some other pumpkin recipes that you may enjoy
- Easy Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Whole Grain Pumpkin Muffins
- Whole Grain Pumpkin Waffles (& Donuts)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
Posts may contain affiliate links. Products purchased through an affiliate link have the same costs, but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!