Is there any better unique combination than peanut butter and chocolate? No one can argue that the two are a definite match made in heaven! This has and will always be one of my favorite combos – so combining them into a delicious baked good made PERFECT sense. Enter these peanut butter chocolate chip scones!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones – Gluten Free
While scones can sometimes be void of sweeteners, I’ve sweetened them with honey which blends so nicely with the other flavors. I’m quite positive that you are going to love these peanut butter chocolate chip scones just as much as we do!
The best thing about these is that they are so versatile. My 6 year-old loves having them for breakfast, and my 10 year-old will grab one on the go as we drive from school to dance. I’m sure that there are no crumbs whatsoever in the back of my car, wink wink. Good thing my husband is fond of vacuuming out the car, ’cause who knows what kinda mess she’s got going on back in the back!
Tips on making Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones:
I make them in the food processor, but you could also do them in the blender. I’ll include instructions for the blender below and while I haven’t tried it, I assume that you can also make these by hand – just get ready for some serious elbow grease.
If you can’t do peanut butter, switch it up with another nut butter and see how they do. As always, my favorite brand of chocolate chips is the Enjoy Life Brands. I used the dark ones in the pictures, but these would also be tasty.
Want to make this vegan? Use vegan butter in place of dairy butter, dairy-free milk, and sub a flax egg by mixing 1 TBSP flax seeds with 3 TBSP water.
And now for the recipe …
- 2 cups gluten free 1:1 replacer flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk (use dairy-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut or other nut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (use paleo or dairy-free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place flour, baking powder, baking soda in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Scoop dry mixture into a food processor and add butter; pulse 6-8 times until butter is combined.
- Add egg and milk and pulse a few times.
- Add honey and peanut butter and turn on until the mixture starts coming together. Scoop it back into the bowl and knead with your hands for a minute to ensure mixture is combined. Add chocolate chips and press into mixture. Form into a round disk on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cut into 8 -10 wedges.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool before enjoying.
To make in a blender:
Add dry ingredients to the blender and pulse butter 6-8 times until it’s broken in. Move dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Add remaining ingredients (aside from the chocolate chips) to the blender and blend for 30 seconds. Pour wet mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and form into a round disk on the baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Cut into 8-10 wedges and bake for 17-19 minutes.
Please let me know in the comments below if you make these and love these. Or just tell me what your favorite peanut butter and chocolate foods are. I love to hear from you! 🙂
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!