I’f I’m being totally honest, sometimes I’m not exactly the best with sides. I can get the “main” meal together well, but when it comes to sides, there are many a night when I’ll pull out the giant container of mixed greens or spinach and salad dressing and call it a meal. I don’t tell a lie. So that’s why I’m so excited about this new recipe, easy broccoli salad. It comes together quickly, it’s full of some fun add-in’s, and my kids love eating it. Did I mention it’s broccoli? 🙂 Let me tell you about it!
Easy Broccoli Salad: About the recipe
- It’s simple: f you can wash and chop broccoli, you’re halfway there.
- My favorite mayo is avocado-based and tastes just like the real thing. I highly recommend this, as the ingredients are much cleaner than the typical store-bought version.
- Feel free to get creative. I like adding sunflower seeds and raisins, but you can certainly swap these (or even add in) pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries or even bacon if you please!
- I feel like this is truly best the day of or the following day, and honestly it never lasts that long in our house anyhow. It makes a great side dish at home, or an addition to any picnic/potluck.
- 1 - 1.5 pounds broccoli cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds kernels
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise I only use avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Wash and cut broccoli into pieces, removing the stalk. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Add raisins and sunflower seeds into bowl with broccoli.
In a separate small bowl combine mayo, apple cider vinegar and mustard. Mix to combine. Taste and add salt and/or pepper if desired. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and mix to coat. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to serving. Leftovers (if there are any) will last for 2-3 days.
Tell me: did this recipe help get your kiddos eating broccoli, too? 🙂
Posts may contain affiliate links. Products purchased through an affiliate link have the same costs, but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!