Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin waffles … ’tis the season, and I’m not stopping! I absolutely adore pumpkin and secretly get excited that we all get that extra boost of the beautiful orange food when we add it in. Today’s take is another one that’s super easy to make and one that I know you’re gonna love: kid-friendly pumpkin energy balls.
Why Pumpkin Energy Balls?
I know, I know – there are so many energy balls out there, right? So why another one? Here’s what I love about these:
- The recipe has minimal ingredients.
- Kids can assemble these pumpkin energy balls; in fact my 12 year-old just made our last batch!
- These are school-friendly and contain no nuts.
- How many energy balls have vegetables within? These pumpkin energy balls do!
- Oh yeah, they’re perfect for when you have just a bit of pumpkin left over in the can. Here’s a great way to use it up.
Important ingredients for Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Quick oats make these easier to chew, IMO. These sprouted quick oats are my FAVE. Rolled oats are fine if that’s what you have on hand.
- I love these mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips because of their minimal, real food ingredients.
- Make sure to use canned pumpkin (I like to use organic) and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Sun butter ensure’s that it’s nut-free and friendly to schools that are as well.
- Don’t skimp on the pepitas. They are an added pop of protein and totally fitting for these pumpkin energy balls!
Kid-friendly pumpkin energy balls are easy to make, and include simple, real food ingredients. They are allergy-friendly and a wholesome, healthy snack.
Use a spoon to mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes (or longer).
Remove from the fridge and form balls with your hands. They don't roll very easily, but instead you may have to squeeze them into the shape that you want them.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
These pumpkin energy balls are so festive and nutritious at the same time. They are easy to make, and perfect for sticking in school lunch boxes, for enjoying pre- or post-workout, or anytime you feel a snack attack coming on. LMK in the comments below if you make them!
Posts may contain affiliate links. Products purchased through an affiliate link have the same costs, but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!!