Have you tried energy balls yet? If not – you are missing out. Because these little suckers are soooo good, and just as easy to make. Today I’m sharing a recipe that I created which is now a weekly staple in our house: easy and healthy energy balls.
What I love about energy balls:
- They are finger foods. I mean, right? Who doesn’t love that? They’re so easy to pop. Almost dangerous.
- Active kiddos and adults can enjoy these a post-workout recovery snack. Food with a purpose!
- The touch of sweetness is perfect for those with a sweet tooth. Um, me.
- These energy balls aren’t just a fluff snack. No, you’ll actually feel full from them and also get some good nutrition and (bonus) fiber.
- In all seriousness, they are perfect for after-school snacks on the go, and also pack nicely into school lunches. Rock on, mom!
- I almost forgot … this is a 1-bowl recipe. HUGE score in my book.
- 1 1/4 cup oats quick cooking are best in this recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nut butter almond, cashew or sunbutter - I used sunbutter
- 2 TBSP ground flax seeds
- 2 TBSP hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. I like mine to be around 1" in diameter. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week (if they last!)
Products that I used to make these easy energy balls:
- Unsweetened coconut. Don’t buy the large flakes – made that mistake one time and had to pull out the blender.
- Trader Joe’s unsweetened sunbutter, so as to not add more sweetness.
- My favorite hemp seeds.
- This ice cream scoop is perfect for scooping out the balls (and then rolling them).
I know that there are lots of variations out there, but these are definitely my favorite. Let me know if you make a batch!!
—->UPDATE: My friend made these for a little brunch that she put together for a group of us and wrapped each of them individually. How cute and functional are these?! Love the idea, and hope you do, too! <——–
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!