Who else loves sheet pan chicken recipes?! They make life so easy with cooking everything on the same pan. And this recipe for one pan honey mustard chicken and vegetables gets all the foods you want for a delicious, nutritious and easy clean-up meal. It’s paleo, grain-free and dairy-free, too!
A healthy sheet pan chicken recipe:
- Grain free
- Dairy free
- Made from real ingredients
- Easy to prepare and clean up
Creamy honey mustard chicken is easier than you think!
The first time I made this recipe, I used regular red potatoes and broccoli and it worked beautifully. This time, I changed it up and used sweet potatoes and green beans. This is one of those versatile recipes that you can change out based on what you have, while simply adjusting cooking times if needed. Next on my list to try is carrots and asparagus!
Tips in preparing one pan honey mustard chicken & vegetables:
- Do not skip the brine. Brining chicken breasts will make them juicer and takes just minutes. In addition, since you brine chicken breasts at room temperature, the chicken will cook more evenly. As an aside, if you choose to use chicken thighs, they needn’t be brined.
- In preparing the brine, be sure to use kosher salt and not table salt. The latter will make the final dish too salty.
- Make sure to coat your veggies in oil. Since we’re cooking at 400º, I suggest using avocado oil or a blend because of their higher smoke point.
- Layer your potatoes in one layer to allow them to cook evenly vs. having a “pile” of potatoes.
- When removing the chicken from the brine, I like to cut the bottom corner of the large ziplock bag and let the water drain. Just a kitchen hack that works for me!
One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetables is an easy to prepare and clean up paleo, dairy free and delcious healthy recipe.
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts , butterflied (sliced down the middle)
- 4 cups warm water
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 large sweet potatoes , cut into cubes
- 1 lb. green beans
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
Butterfly the chicken breasts and place them in a large ziploc bag with the water and kosher salt. Seal and let sit at room temp for 15-30 minutes to brine. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix spices and then add olive oil. Mix to form a paste.
Make honey mustard sauce by combining the honey and mustard. In a medium bowl, toss green beans with remaining 1 tbsp avocado oil.
Add 1 tbsp of the avocado oil to the sheet pan to prepare it for the veggies. Toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp of the avocado oil and spread them on the sheet pan. Place them in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
While the sweet potatoes cook, and after the chicken has brined for 15-30 minutes, remove chicken from brine. Rub the spice mixture on the chicken to prepare it to bake.
When sweet potatoes have cooked for 25 minutes, remove pan from oven. Layer oiled green beans on top, and then add spice-rubbed chicken.
Spread half of the honey mustard sauce onto chicken pieces and drizzle the remaining half over the veggies. Top sheet pan with loose foil and bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Remove foil and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
Scoop veggies with a large spoon and place on a plate and top with a piece of chicken; make sure to get some of the honey mustard sauce on the veggies! Serve warm and enjoy.
What other combinations might work for you with this recipe?!
And if you like sheet pan dinners, make sure to try these out, too!