Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Dairy free slow cooker honey mustard chicken is sweet, tangy, tender, and full of flavor! Such a great set it and forget it recipe. Serve this easy weeknight meal it on a bun, over a sweet potato or on a bed of greens.
Dairy-Free Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
I really love Instant Pot recipes and often use my air fryer – but there’s something so nice about an easy slow cooker recipe. I love it for meal prepping or just on those busy days when you need to fix it and forget it. And really – regardless of the time of year, these types of recipes can always come in handy! Enter this tasty and easy slow cooker honey mustard chicken. My kids actually said that it tasted like barbecue chicken. Regardless – it is SUPER easy and your house will smell amazing. It’s one of those recipes to go on permanent rotation!
What you need to make this honey mustard chicken recipe:
- Chicken – I used boneless skinless breasts, but a mix of thighs and breasts or all thighs would work, too.
- Honey – for the best make sure it’s organic or local with no additives
- Mustard – yellow mustard or dijon mustard will work
- Other Spices – garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and pepper. I did not use salt since the mustard is salty, but feel free to add.
- Dairy-free yogurt – I used coconut yogurt, but oat milk yogurt will also work
How to serve slow cooker honey mustard chicken
- Make it a Paleo meal and serve it on top of a sweet potato
- If you prefer mashed potatoes, this would be amazing served atop a bed of mashed potatoes and with sauteed green vegetables on the side
- I love putting it on top of a big salad. The best of both worlds!
- Of course, putting it on top of a bun (Trader Joe’s has some good gluten free buns) is also a good choice. Veggies on the side!
- These cornbread muffins would be delicious alongside of this chicken recipe!
Can you use a different cut of chicken?
I like to boneless chicken breasts. And honestly, with the sauce that is created, it’s really moist. But, if you’d like to use a mix of thighs and breasts, that would work well, too. Tenderloins would also be fine!
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Dairy free slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken is sweet, tangy, tender, and full of flavor! Such a great set it and forget it recipe. Serve it on a bun, over a sweet potato or on a bed of greens.
Add chicken to a slow cooker.
Top chicken with mustard, honey, and spices. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
Using 2 forks, shred the chicken right in the slow cooker. Combine with the sauce. Add dairy-free yogurt to the chicken and mix to combine.
More healthy chicken recipes I think you’ll enjoy:
Dairy-free Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken is such an easy dinner recipe! Hope you love it as much as we do! TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM and let me know you made it!