About 5 years ago I had a slight obsession with baking bread. It was around that time that I was really taking note of what my family was eating, and making the switch from regular ol’ bread to whole wheat was a good starting point. I love baking, so I attempted many, many recipes. Flash forward a few years, and 3 of my 6 family members (including me) can’t do gluten. So now I buy whole wheat bread from our local Great Harvest bread store, but I still need a good non-wheat version. So I am ECSTATIC to bring you today’s post which has refueled my baking obsession: healthy fast gluten-free bread.
Many of the gluten free breads you find in the stores are full of refined flours and sweeteners. I mean, come on; just because we can’t have gluten doesn’t mean you have to junk it up! The good news is that this recipe proves that you don’t have to.
I know that a turnoff for many in making their own bread is the time commitment, which this again does not have. You can literally pull this together in 5 minutes, and then throw it in the oven. I have even been known to put the dry ingredients together in a large Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer until I’m ready to bake. Now you’re down to just 2 or 3 minutes! 😉
A few notes about this healthy fast gluten-free bread:
- Almond flour – I’m a huge fan of almond flour and love baking with it. This is a good gluten-free version (make sure that you have one that’s gf if neccesesary). I like to keep all of my flours in the freezer to keep them from going rancid.
- Oat flour – Did you know that you can make your own oat flour? Simply put your oats into a high speed blender or food processor and pulse, and voila! You are set. If you don’t want to do this, you can purchase it ready to use. Make sure that your oats are gluten-free before blending as some can have cross-contamination.
- Arrowroot powder – This is a grain free, paleo-friendly, gluten free thickener and emulsifier. It makes baked goods light and fluffy. I always have this on hand for gluten-free baking and thickening of stews and such!
- My favorite loaf pan – A few years ago, I made the switch to this glass loaf pan and I am in love with it. Can we say super easy cleanup? Prior to the switch, I was using one from when I got married (ahem, 14 years ago!) I can’t believe I waited so long to make the switch to this glass pan made with non-reactive materials.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour (ensure this is gluten-free)
- ½ cup milled flax meal
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup water, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a regular loaf pan (I like to use Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Spray)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well (hole) in the middle and add wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
My family loves this healthy fast gluten-free bread; I hope yours does, too!
Posts may contain affiliate links. Products purchased through an affiliate link have the same costs, but Easy Real Food will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!