Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
A healthy fast gluten free bread recipe made without a bread machine. This is a gluten-free dairy-free bread recipe that is full of nutritious ingredients including almond flour, flax seed and coconut oil. This no-yeast gluten-free bread recipe is made in less than an hour start to finish.
HEALTHY FAST GLUTEN-FREE BREAD RECIPE
About 5 years ago I had a slight obsession with baking bread. It was around that time that I was really taking note of what my family was eating, and making the switch from regular ol’ bread to whole wheat was a good starting point. I love baking, so I attempted many, many recipes. Flash forward a few years, and 3 of my 6 family members (including me) can’t eat gluten. So now I buy whole wheat bread from our local Great Harvest bread store, but I still need a good non-wheat version. So I am ECSTATIC to bring you today’s post which has refueled my baking obsession: healthy fast gluten-free bread.
UPDATE: As other bloggers can likely relate, sometimes I forget about recipes that I have. Such was the case for this recipe. I recently remembered this and started making it again and absolutely love this. This is now on my permanent plan, and I make a loaf every weekend. It’s so much better than the store bought gluten free bread and once you try it, you’ll see how easy it is to make it.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY FAST GLUTEN FREE BREAD:
Many of the gluten free breads you find in the stores are full of refined flours and sweeteners. I mean, come on; just because we can’t have gluten doesn’t mean you have to junk it up, right?! The good news is that this recipe proves that you don’t have to.
I know that a turnoff for many in making their own bread is the time commitment, which this again does not have. You can literally pull this together in 5 minutes, and then throw it in the oven. I have even been known to put the dry ingredients together in a large Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer until I’m ready to bake. Now you’re down to just 2 or 3 minutes!
GLUTEN-FREE FLOURS TO USE WHEN MAKING GLUTEN-FREE BREAD:
- Almond flour – I’m a huge fan of almond flour and love baking with it. This is a good gluten-free version (make sure that you have one that’s certified gluten free if necessary). I like to keep all of my flours in the freezer to keep them from going rancid.
- Oat flour – Did you know that you can make your own oat flour? Simply put your oats into a high speed blender or food processor and pulse, and voila! You are set. If you don’t want to do this, you can purchase oat flour ready to use. Make sure that your oats are gluten-free before blending as some can have cross-contamination.
- Arrowroot powder – This is a grain free, paleo-friendly, gluten free thickener and emulsifier. It makes baked goods light and fluffy. I always have this on hand for gluten-free baking and thickening of stews and such!
- My favorite loaf pan – A few years ago, I made the switch to this glass loaf pan and I am in love with it. Can we say super easy cleanup? Prior to the switch, I was using one from when I got married (ahem, 14 years ago!) I can’t believe I waited so long to make the switch to this glass pan made with non-reactive materials.
DAIRY FREE GLUTEN FREE BREAD RECIPE
I can’t get over how easy this dairy free gluten free bread recipe is. Honestly, I am kicking myself for not making this for a few years … here I was spending $5 or $6 a loaf on expensive story-bought gluten free bread that had SO many ingredients and not the quality ones here! This is hearty and nutritious and seriously so easy that I could make it in my sleep. Plus I feel so good about having my kids eat this vs. the packaged stuff.
Many recipes for gluten free bread have butter or milk in them … not here. The coconut oil provides the same results as using butter, and I simply used water in place of milk.
Yes there are eggs. And I’m sorry to tell you I have not tried this with chia eggs or flax eggs. I believe the eggs are an important part of the recipe, but if you try an egg substitute, please be sure to share your experience in the comments below!
A delicious gluten free almond flour bread recipe that's made with unprocessed ingredients and quick and simple to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a regular loaf pan (I like to use Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Spray)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well (hole) in the middle and add wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM AT @EASYREALFOOD OR #EASYREALFOOD!
Other homemade gluten free bread recipes
You guys—I have compiled the best gluten free bread recipes for you, but if you want some specific ideas, here you go!!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!!